All applicants who acquired their university entrance qualification outside of Germany must apply through uni-assist, the work and service center for international student applications. uni-assist checks your study qualifications for the selected study program on behalf of Technische Hochschule Lübeck.
Applicants with the following credentials do not apply via uni-assist:
- Assessment examination at a preparatory college
- Certificate of equivalence (regarding your education abroadwith a grade calculation from the Ministry of Education
- European Baccalaureate
The following applies to the Bachelor's degree programs in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Urban Design, Business Administration, Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Engineering: Before applying via the uni-assist portal, you must first register on the website of the Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung. Once registered, you will receive a two-part identification number consisting of BID (applicant ID) and BAN (applicant authentication number). BID and BAN must then be entered in the uni-assist portal when applying. If you do so, please do not submit an additional application via hochschulstart.de, but only via uni-assist!
- The Application via uni-assist
How to apply via uni-assist?
- register in the uni-assist application portal My assist.
- also register at hochschulstart.de to receive your BID and BAN, provided your desired course of study is being coordinated through this portal
- create an online application for your desired course of study
- upload your documents
- pay the processing fees (only then will uni-assist process your application)
- send your documents. They have to be officially certified copies together with officially certified translations.
(German or English) by regular mail to uni-assist (please note the application deadline!)
What happens next?
- uni-assist will check your application (processing time approx. 4 - 6 weeks).
- you will receive the results of the check via your My assist account under "My mailbox".
- if the result is positive, uni-assist forwards your application electronically to TH Lübeck
- the final decision concerning your admission lies with TH Lübeck
If you apply for a degree program with restricted admission, you will be entered into the selection process, which is carried out approx. 4 weeks after the application deadline. You will then receive a written notification from TH Lübeck.
If your desired study course is coordinated via Hochschulstart, you can log on to dosv.hochschulstart.de with your BID and BAN at any time and check the status of your application. Once logged in, you can find out whether you have received an admission offer from TH Lübeck or whether an admission notice has been generated for you.
If you are applying for an open-admission program, we will send you the admission documents by regular mail or e-mail approximately 2 to 3 weeks after the electronic confirmation on uni-assist.
We cannot provide any prior information if your educational certificates meet the admission requirements. On anabin, the information portal for the recognition of foreign educational qualifications, you can find out whether your certificate qualifies you to study in Germany. We don't issue conditional admissions.
- Information on German Language Certificates
Those who acquired their educational certificates outside of German-speaking countries must also prove their German language proficiency.
Recognized certificates are:...
- DSH: Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH - German Language Examination for University Admission) from a state-recognized school with an overall result of at least DSH-2. Private language school certificates are not sufficient!
- TestDaF: Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache (TestDaF - Test of German as a Foreign Language) with a minimum level of TDN 4 in all partial tests.
- Deutsches Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz - The German language diploma of the Permanent Conference of the Ministers for Education and Cultural Affairs – Second Level (DSD II)
- Goethe-Zertifikat C2
- telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule
- Feststellungsprüfung des Studienkollegs: The German part of the examination must be passed with a grade of at least "ausreichend" (sufficient).
- Europäisches Abiturzeugnis (European Baccalaureate certificate) with a successfully completed examination in German as a first language (L1) or second language (L2)..
Other recognized certificates can be found here: Richtlinien der Kultusministerkonferenz.
Please note that the certificates mentioned here only meet the formal minimum requirements. We strongly recommend that you expand and deepen your language skills during your studies.
At the time of application you can only provide proof of German language proficiency level C1, e.g. TestDaF (3,4,4,3 or 3,3,4,5), Goethe-Zertifikat C1 or telc C1 (DSH 1 is not sufficient)?
You will only be allowed to take part in the admission procedure if you submit an application for a further German language examination. The exam must be taken before the application deadline! Please attach your language certificate and the registration form to your application. A recognized language proficiency certificate with the required result must be submitted by the time of enrollment (end of August) at the latest!