This is it - the beginning of your journey as a student at TH Lübeck. This might not be how you anticipated starting at a German university, and we wish the circumstances were different. Nevertheless, we are delighted to welcome you to TH Lübeck.
To get started, you will need to be aware of five things:
1. Your Introductory Event
The introductory events for the Department of Architecture and Civil Engineering will take place on the 21st of October 2020. The introductory events for all other faculties will take place in the week from 26.10. to 30.10.2020. It is currently planned to have a guided tour of the campus at 17:00 and a welcoming event by the University Board and the respective department heads at 18:00. There is a separate introduction for online students.
We are currently in the process of organizing when and where exactly your event will take place. We will publish the plan here no later than 30.09.20
The dates for the following study courses are already set:
- Architecture: 21.10.2020, 10:00, Bauforum
- Civil Engineering: 21.10.2020, 13:00, Bauforum
- Energy and Building Engineering: 21.10.2020, 16:00, Bauforum
- Architecture: 21.10.2020, 11:30, Bauforum
- Civil Engineering: 21.10.2020, 14:30, Bauforum
- Urban Design: 21.10.2020, 17:30, Bauforum
The schedule for all other courses will be published here until September 30th.
2. Your Digital Introductory Course
We are currently preparing a digital introductory course in our Lernraum (main information and communication platform). Relevant information, e.g. about the library, Bafög, university sports and the student committees will be provided here. You can visit this course from October on via lernraum.th-luebeck.de
You already received your student identity card and the access data for your THL-IT account. Please log into the QIS-Portal and change your password. All IT services, e.g. E-Mail, WLAN, Online-Lernraum etc. are activated afterwards
As of October, go to the course search and enter "Digitale Erstsemester-Einführung".
- As presence students (students with normal class attendance) you will find all relevant information about your study course in the Lernraum after activation.
- As online students you receive a separate E-Mail to your THL-Address with your access data for the Lernraum der Virtuellen Fachhochschule (VFH) as well as the Belegungsportal.
For students studying Computer Science and Media Applications please note the detailed reference.
- Please regularly check the e-mails of your THL-IT account (…(at)stud.th-luebeck.de)!
4. Lecture Plan
You can view the lecture plan in the Lernraum and on this website on the page "Plans and Dates" of the respective department.
- Plans and Dates of the Department of Applied Natural Sciences
- Plans and Dates of the Department of Architecture and Civil Engineering
- Plans and Dates of the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Plans and Dates of the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Business Administration
In addition, the Student Representations are available to answer your questions.
5. Online Preparatory Courses in Mathematics
Mathematics is of great importance in many of our study courses. To help students prepare for the mathematical requirements of their study courses, TH Lübeck offers online preparatory courses in mathematics to all new students.
- Your student identity card also serves as Semesterticket ,which you can use for regional public transport in Lübeck (bus without limitations and train with limitations).
- You can find information about food, living, support, leisure time and advice in the section Student Life.