Dual studies with integrated apprenticeship
You want to take on a management role, you are a technology enthusiast and you would like to combine practice and theory? Then opt for the StudiLe study model - the study with integrated apprenticeship!
StudiLe is offered in the subjects of civil engineering, business administration, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and computer science. StudiLe combines in-company training with a bachelor's degree at TH Lübeck.
- Journeyman's certificate (Chamber of Crafts) or
- Skilled worker certificate (Chamber of Industry and Commerce)
in the chosen apprenticeship occupation and
- Bachelor of Science, B.Sc. (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/ Software Engineering, Business Administration)
- Bachelor of Engineering, B.Eng. (Civil Engineering)
Standard period of study:
7 semesters (Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering)
6 semesters (Computer Science/ Software Engineering, Business Administration)
In each case plus 1 year's lead time for part of the in-company apprenticeship
Apprenticeship start: August/September each year Start of studies: each winter semester Study form: Dual studies Admission requirements: In order to be able to apply for a StudiLe apprenticeship position, the general university entrance qualification / baccalaureate, advanced technical college entrance qualification or a comparable, recognized qualification is required. Is the admission restricted?
yes (Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Business Administration)
no (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/ Software Engineering)
Marc Lode, Handwerkskammer Lübeck
Maren Conrad, Industrie- und Handelskammer zu Lübeck
Representative for cooperative study programs
StudiLe - the study program with integrated apprenticeship - combines a practice-oriented vocational training with a study program at the Lübeck University of Applied Sciences, so that two independent vocational qualifications, the bachelor's degree and the skilled worker/journeyman's certificate, can be acquired in a comparatively short time.
At StudiLe, theory and practice are closely linked and training content from study and apprenticeship is coordinated. This qualifies you for demanding activities and ideally prepares you for later management tasks!
Advantages for participants:
- 2 professional qualifications in only 4.5 years
- Practical knowledge from the apprenticeship is theoretically underpinned - theoretical knowledge from the course of study can be put into practice in a timely manner
- Excellent career opportunities
- No practical shock when starting a career, as the professional practice or even the company are already known
Advantages for training companies:
- Companies gain in attractiveness through a contemporary form of training
- In only 4.5 years, a trained engineer with certified practical experience and good knowledge of the company's structures can be acquired
StudiLe integrates companies into a close network with the Lübeck University of Technology, creating rewarding synergy effects, such as knowledge and technology transfer
The teaching content in the StudiLe study model results from the chosen apprenticeship and the chosen course of study or the specialization chosen therein.
You can find out more about the teaching content of the individual StudiLe directions below.
- StudiLe-Civil Engineering
You can combine StudiLe civil engineering with one of the following apprenticeships:
- Concrete and reinforced concrete builder
- Sewer constructor
- Road builder and civil engineer
- Road maintenance worker
As a course of study, you choose the bachelor's degree program in civil engineering.
The civil engineering program focuses on typical engineering and scientific subjects such as solid construction, steel construction, timber construction, hydraulic engineering, geotechnics and road construction.
- StudiLe-Business Administration
You can combine StudiLe business administration with a commercial apprenticeship. For example:
- Industrial clerk
- Management assistant for office management
- Wholesale and foreign trade clerk
- Freight forwarding and logistics services clerk
As a course of study, you choose the bachelor's degree program in business administration.
You can choose between three different specializations in the Business Administration program: Health Care Management, International Management and International Business.
- StudiLe-Mechanical Engineering
You can combine StudiLe mechanical engineering with one of the following apprenticeships:
- Plant mechanic
- Precision mechanic
- Industrial mechanic
- Construction mechanic
- Mechanic for agricultural and construction machinery technology
- Mechatronics technician
- Metal worker
- Technical product designer
- Technical system planner
- Process mechanic for rubber and plastics technology
In the mechanical engineering course of study, mathematical-scientific and technical fundamentals are first taught on a broad basis. In the core course, students can then choose between four different majors in consultation with their training company. In the "General Mechanical Engineering and Business" major in particular, students can learn not only mechanical engineering skills but also knowledge and skills from the field of business that are important for future managers.
StudiLe participants can also apply for the International Studies in Mechanical Engineering (ISM) in consultation with their training company.
- StudiLe-Electrical Engineering
You can combine StudiLe electrical engineering with one of the following apprenticeships:
- Mechatronics technician
- IT systems electronics technician
- Electronics technician
- Specialization in energy and building services engineering
- Specialization in automation technology
- Specialization in machines and drive technology
- Electronics technician for operating technology
- Electronics technician for Automation Technology
- Electronics technician for devices and systems
- Electronics technician for buildings and infrastructure systems
As a course of study, you will choose either the bachelor's degree in general electrical engineering, the bachelor's degree in electrical engineering - communication systems or the bachelor's degree in electrical engineering - energy systems and automation.
The first three semesters of Electrical Engineering Fundamentals are almost identical for all three programs. Specialization in the chosen degree program does not occur until the 4th semester.
StudiLe participants can apply for the International Studies in Electrical Engineering (ISE) in consultation with their training company.
- StudiLe-Computer Science
You can combine StudiLe-Informatics with one of the following apprenticeships:
- IT specialist, focus on application development
- IT specialist, focus on system integration
- Electronics technician, specializing in information and telecommunications technology
- Information electronics technician, specializing in devices and systems technology
In the computer science/software engineering program, you will learn how to systematically develop high-quality software systems. This opens up exciting fields of activity for you in a wide variety of industries, whether in the service sector, in the manufacturing industry or in science.
- StudiLe-Civil Engineering
- Course of Study
StudiLe - the study program with integrated apprenticeship - starts in August/September of a year with the apprenticeship in the desired apprenticed profession. After one year, during which you will also have learned teaching content from the 2nd and 3rd year of your apprenticeship, you will begin your studies at the Lübeck University of Applied Sciences.
Until the skilled worker/journeyman's examination, your training will thus take place in parallel with your studies, whereby you will attend only the events at the Lübeck University of Technology during the lecture periods.
Exception: In the case of StudiLe-Civil Engineering, there is a so-called TH-free day from the 2nd to the 4th semester during the lecture periods, on which you pursue your in-company training.
The in-company training is continued during the lecture-free periods until you achieve your first vocational qualification, the skilled worker/journeyman certificate. According to the regular schedule, two or three semesters of study follow, depending on the subject area, until you achieve your bachelor's degree.
- All required examinations are conducted according to the valid examination regulations.
- In the field of crafts, graduates of degree programs with a technical orientation can be entered in the register of crafts with a craft subject to licensing that corresponds to the focus of their studies. Proof of practical experience is not required.
- The bachelor's degree qualifies students for a master's degree.