Indivduals who did not obtain their school-leaving certificate in a German-speaking country must also provide proof of sufficient knowledge of the German language. Recognized proofs are:
- DSH ("Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang") - with at least level 2 in the overall result from a state-recognized school. Private language schools are not sufficient!
- TestDaF - Test of German as a Foreign Language with at least level TDN 4 in all partial tests
- German Language Diploma of the Conference of Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs - Second Level (DSD II)
- Goethe Certificate C2
- telc German C1 University
- Feststellungsprüfung des Studienkollegs: The German part of the examination must be passed with at least the grade "ausreichend"
- European Baccalaureate certificate with successfully completed examination in German as a first language (L1) or second language (L2)
Further recognized certificates can be found in the guidelines of the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs of the Länder in the Federal Republic of Germany.
At the time of application you can only provide proof of German language proficiency level C1, e.g. TestDaF (3,4,4,3 or 3,3,4,5), Goethe-Zertifikat C1 or telc C1 (DSH 1 is not sufficient)?
You can only be admitted to the selection procedure if you submit an application for a renewed German language examination. The exam must be taken before the application deadline! Please attach your language certificate and the registration form to your application documents. A recognized language certificate with the required result must be available by the time of enrollment (end of August) at the latest