First Steps in Studies
Welcome at Technische Hochschule Lübeck!
You already received your student identity card and the access data for your THL-IT account. Please log into the QIS-Portal and change your password. All IT services, e.g. E-Mail, WLAN, Online-Lernraum etc. are activated afterwards.
- Please regularly check E-Mails of your THL-IT account (…(at)stud.fh-luebeck.de)!
- As presence students (students with normal class attendance) you will find all relevant information about your study program in the Lernraumafter activation.
- As online students you receive a separate E-Mail to your THL-Address with your access data for the Lernraum der Virtuellen Fachhochschule (VFH)well as the Belegungsportal.
For students studying Computer Science and Media Applications please attend the detailed reference.
- Your student identity card also serves as Semesterticket ,which you can use for regional public transport in Lübeck (bus without limitations and train with limitations).
- You can find information about food, living, support, leisure time and advice in the section Student Life.
The lecture period starts with an introductory event (first-year student welcome event) and is followed by two introductory-/compact weeks. The necessary information concerning this you will get during the introductory event. The regular lectures start at the end of September or March. You can find the schedule in the Lernraum.
Preparatory Courses in Mathematics Online for Everybody
THL offers online preparatory courses in mathematics to all new students to prepare for the mathematical requirements in studies.
Department-Specific Information for First-year students
For department specific offers please refer to the corresponding faculty section:
- First-year student information from the Department of Applied Sciences
- First-year student information from the Department of the Built Environment
- First-year student information from the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- First-year student information from the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Business Administration
Furthermore, the Student Representations are available for any questions.