To apply as an exchange student, please take these three steps:
- Step 1: Please contact the respective coordinator at your home university to be nominated for the exchange program.
- Step 2: TH Lübeck will contact the nominated students by E-Mail and provide them with the necessary information about the application process.
- Step 3: The nominated student has to submit the required application documents to the International Office of TH Lübeck:
- Application form
- Online Learning Agreement for Erasmus+ exchange students (see explanation below) or Learning Agreement for all other exchange students
- Transcript of Records
- Proof of sufficient language skills (not applicable for native speakers)
- Copy of ID
The application has to be submitted before
- Winter term (starting in September): June 15th
- Spring term (starting in March): December 15th
- Nomination by your home university
- Language skills: In order to successfully take and finish courses at Technische Hochschule Lübeck, exchange students should be fluent in either German or English. This translates to a B1/2 level of the Common European Frame of Reference for Languages.
Online Learning Agreement
All students coming on exchange through Erasmus+ must complete a Learning Agreement. This is a contract that must be signed by the student, the home university and TH Lübeck. From Winter term 2021 on, the Online Learning Agreement (OLA) will be mandatory for all incoming Erasmus+ exchange students, and all the signatures will be digital.
- Create your OLA account online at https://www.learning-agreement.eu/ You can either log-in with MyAcademicID or with eIDAS or with a Google account
- You find the required TH Lübeck information for the OLA in this document.
- Fill in the following information in the section BEFORE MOBILITY
- Host courses: courses you want to take at TH Lübeck
- Home subjects: courses that you are going to replace at your home university
- Language level: for the language of instruction (German or English - see language requirements)
- Sign the OLA digitally (by pointer or mouse)
The International office at your home university will automatically receive a notification by E-Mail to sign your OLA once you have signed it. Afterwards, the responsible person at TH Lübeck will receive a notification by E-Mail to sign the document. You will be notified by E-mail and/or the Erasmus App when one part has been signed. You can also log in to Online Learning Agreement or the Erasmus+ App to check the status during the process.
If you make changes to your courses during the mobility period, you will have to update the OLA by using the part called "During Mobility".
We highly recommend to discuss your course selection with your home and host university coordinator BEFORE filling in the Online Learning Agreement.