Since September 2011 Prof. Dr. Andreas Hanemann is professor for the area of computer networks and web technologies at Lübeck University of Applied Sciences (THL). Apart from teaching and research, he is contact person for the concerns of students with disabilities at THL, head of the examination board of the E+I department and member of the IT security study group. He is also delegate of THL related to the university's membership at German Research Network.
His research interests include wide area networks, network monitoring, and network security.
- Since 2011 professor for the area of computer networks and web technologies at Lübeck University of Applied Sciences
- 2010 Visiting lecturer at Ostfalia University of Applied Sciences
- 2007 - 2011 Scientific research staff member at DFN-Verein (German Research Network) in Berlin; Planning of DFN's nationwide optical network and coordination of network monitoring activities
- 2007 Completion of PhD thesis (Dr. rer. nat.) at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (University of Munich)
- 2004 - 2007 Scientific research staff member employed by DFN-Verein located at Leibniz Supercomputing Center Munich; Measurement and visualization of wide area networks as part of the EU-funded project GEANT
- 2002 - 2004 Scientific research staff member at Leibniz Supercomputing Center Munich; Involvement in CNM project on visualization of the German research network
- 1997 - 2002 Student at University of Karlsruhe (TH) in the area of computer science; diploma thesis written during a stay as research visiting scholar at Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
- 1997 University entrence diploma (Abitur) at gymnasium Große Schule in Wolfenbüttel
Further information on the courses taught by Mr. Hanemann can be found at the corresponding study programs.
- Computer Networks (Inf), Communication Networks (EKS), Communication Networks Basics (MIB, ITS)
- Computer Networks Advanced (Inf, currently not available), Communication Networks Advanced (MIB, ITS)
- Security Techniques in Communication Networks (MIM), Security in Distributed Systems (IM), Network Security (ITS), MOOC "Network Security"
- Mobile Communications (MIM)
- Software Engineering Project "Hansesim
For older publications see personal page at MNM-Team.