The documents to submit for registration differ depending on whether it is a bachelor or a master program or if the university entrance qualification has been acquired abroad. For details, please refer to the following checklists.
The "Studienstarthilfe" is a one-time, earmarked grant from the state of Schleswig-Holstein for prospective students from low-income families to finance special expenses such as registration fees, semester fees and study-specific purchases. This is intended to make it easier for students to start their studies in Schleswig-Holstein.
You must submit the application before the start of your studies, i.e. after admission and before enrollment. As proof of admission, enclose a copy of the admission notice with the application (for Bachelor's degree programs without admission: a copy of the control overview from the application portal).
- Enrollment Documents for a Bachelor's Degree Program
The following documents have to be submitted digitally:
- Valid identity card or passport
- If you have foreign educational qualifications you require additional proof of German language proficiency (e.g., DSH 2, C2, TestDaF minimum level 4)
- For second-degree programs, also submit your bachelor's degree certificate.
- Proof of payment for semester fees and enrollment fee (bank details can be found here)
- Digital "Meldung 10 zur Einschreibung an der Technischen Hochschule Lübeck" from your statutory health insurance provider or, for privately insured students, from a statutory health insurance provider of your choice (information on health insurance certification). Our sender number is H0001038, in case the health insurance provider requires it.
- If applicable, certificate of deregistration including the number of semesters studied at your previous university (also required if you have already successfully completed a degree program)
- If applicable, certificate of completion of vocational training (only as proof of the practical component of the Fachhochschulreife)
- If applicable, current clearance certificate (only if you have previously studied the same degree program at a university of applied sciences; this can be obtained from your former university)
- For trial studies: Signed information sheet for trial studies (GER)
- If you are a minor, the completed general consent form (GER) from your legal guardian(s)
Are you currently enrolled at TH Lübeck?
If you are already enrolled as a student at TH Lübeck, you only need to complete the online application and wait for the decision on the allocation of study places (for admission-free bachelor's degree programs, you are immediately admitted). You do not have to complete the online enrollment process after admission. Instead, please send us an email to studieninfo(at)th-luebeck.de to confirm your acceptance. If you haven't yet transferred the semester fee for the upcoming semester, please attach a proof of payment to your email.
Have you been previously enrolled at TH Lübeck?
Please proceed with the online application and wait for the decision on the allocation of study places (for admission-free bachelor's degree programs, you are immediately admitted). After admission, you still have to apply for online enrollment and upload all required enrollment documents. Please note that you do not have to pay the enrollment fee. However, when you are supposed to upload proof of payment for the enrollment fee in the "Upload Einschreibegebühr" section, please upload the proof of payment for the semester fee instead, as it is a mandatory field and without it, you won't be able to complete the online enrollment process.
- Enrollment Documents for a Master's Degree Program
If you don't yet have your degree within the enrollment period, please upload your current transcript of records during online enrollment.
You can complete your bachelor's degree until April 30th (for the summer semester) or October 31st (for the winter semester). Once your degree is generated in the QIS, we will proceed with the transfer to the master's program.
- Are you currently enrolled in a bachelor's program and have not yet re-registered for the upcoming semester? Please transfer the semester fee (account details available below) and upload the proof of payment during online enrollment.
- If you have already re-registered for the upcoming semester, you don't need to upload a proof of payment.
- If your studies are completed, and you already de-registered, please upload the proof of payment for the semester fee (account details available below) and request the digital "Meldung 10 zur Einschreibung an der Technischen Hochschule Lübeck" from your health insurance provider. (Information regarding the health insurance certificate (GER))
During online enrollment, you are required to provide proof of your Bachelor's degree. If you have already uploaded the certificate during the online application, there is no need for a second upload. All other documents that were not uploaded during the application process but are necessary for enrollment (see points below) can be uploaded during the online enrollment.
Applicants who have completed their studies but do not yet have a degree certificate need to upload a confirmation of graduation from the university as well as their final grade or a transcript of records with their final grade and their graduation date.
If your degree is not yet completed within the enrollment period, please upload a current transcript of records showing the overall grade and credit points according to ECTS.
In general, during your online enrollment, you need to prove that you have completed all required examinations and submitted your Bachelor's thesis. Only the colloquium may remain open. We will deviate from this requirement as long as there are free places.
In this case, the enrollment is only provisional, and the Bachelor's degree with the certificate of de-registration should be provided by email until October 31st (for the winter semester) or April 30th (for the summer semester).
Documents required for enrollment:
- Valid identification card or passport.
- Photo (upload during online enrollment)
- Academic qualifications
- Educational certificates such as secondary school leaving certificates
- Bachelor's degree certificate (must be at least 2.5 or 3.0 for Angewandte Informationstechnik, 2.7 for Bauingenieurwesen,
no grade restriction for Medieninformatik)
For German-language degree programs, additional proof of proficiency in the German language (e.g. DSH 2, C2, TestDaF at least level 4).
Digital "Meldung 10 zur Einschreibung an der Technischen Hochschule Lübeck" from your statutory health insurance provider or, for privately insured students, from a statutory health insurance provider of your choice (information on health insurance certification). Our sender number is H0001038, in case the health insurance provider requires it.
If applicable, certificate of deregistration including the number of semesters studied at your previous German university.
Copy of the visa