With a wide array of modern degree courses and technology transfer activities, the Department of Applied Natural Sciences at TH Lübeck sets itself apart. The department is the driving force behind two of the university's centers of excellence:
- CIB – Centrum Industrielle Biotechnologie
- TANDEM – Technology and Engineering in Medicine (in cooperation with Universität zu Lübeck)
The CRABS – Center for Regulatory Affairs in Biomedical Sciences deals with all aspects of regulation and approval of medical devices. It works closely with the Fraunhofer Einrichtung for Individualized and Cell-Based Medical Technology (IMTE) in the field ofm regulatory affairs.
The Institute für Acoustics focuses on the fields of building and room acoustics as well as audiology (subject studies with hearing aid prototypes).
Modern degree programs at the interface of natural sciences and engineering define the profile of the Department of Applied Natural Sciences.
- Hörakustik (Bachelor)
- Hörakustik und Audiologische Technik (Master, in cooperation with Universität zu Lübeck)
- Biomedizintechnik: (Bachelor)
- Biomedical Engineering (Master, international, in cooperation with Universität zu Lübeck)
- Medical Microtechnology
(Master, international, in cooperation with Universität zu Lübeck and Syddansk Universitet, Sonderburg)
- Regulatory Affairs (Master, online, extra-occupational)
- Physikalische Technik (Bachelor)
- Medical Microtechnology (Master, international, in cooperation with Universität zu Lübeck and Syddansk Universitet, Sonderburg) The second semester of this degree program covers various microtechnologies and may be of interest to graduates of Physical Technology.
- Umweltingenieurwesen und -management (Bachelor)
- Environmental Engineering, Bachelor, international, in cooperation with East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai, limited enrollment options
This modern curriculum is tailored to the needs of the industry. We collaborate with companies and institutes through numerous projects. These cooperations are one our strengths.
The diverse scientific curriculum covers all relevant areas for today's graduates.
Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology and Hearing Acoustics are unique in Germany due to the excellent cooperation with the adjacent Universität zu Lübeck.
All Bachelor's degree programs include an integrated internship.
Some degree programs offered by the department provide the students with the opportunity to acquire additional qualifications alongside their academic degree:
- Specialist certificates in radiation protection in accordance with the X-ray and Radiation Protection Regulations
- Specialist certificates in emission protection and
- Instructor qualification certificates
Some of the lectures and internships required for these qualifications are already integrated into the curriculum.
Please feel free to contact us if you are interested in one of our degree programs: an(at)th-luebeck.de