Technische Hochschule Lübeck offers many opportunities for refugees to start their studies with us. Information on the range of subjects, application requirements, the application process, but also on questions regarding immigration law and other FAQs can be obtained via the e-mail address incomings(at)th-luebeck.de
- General Information
- Recognition of German Language Skills
Those who did not obtain their educational qualifications in a German-speaking country must also provide evidence of sufficient knowledge of the German language.
Recognized certificates are:
- DSH: Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH) with at least level 2 in the overall result from a state-recognized school. Private language schools are not sufficient!
- TestDaF: Test of German as a Foreign Language (TestDaF) with at least level TDN 4 in all partial tests
- German Language Diploma of the Conference of Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs - Second Level (DSD II)
- Goethe Certificate C2
- telc German C1 University
- Feststellungsprüfung des Studienkollegs: The German part of the examination must be passed with at least the grade "ausreichend".
- European Baccalaureate certificate with successfully completed examination in German as a first language (L1) or second language (L2).
Further recognized certificates can be found in the guidelines of the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs of the Länder in the Federal Republic of Germany.
Can you only provide proof of German language proficiency level C1, e.g. TestDaF (3,4,4,3 or 3,3,4,5), Goethe-Zertifikat C1 or telc C1 (DSH 1 is not sufficient) at the time of your application?
You can only be admitted to the selection procedure if you submit an application for a renewed German language examination. The exam must be taken before the application deadline! Please attach your language certificate and the registration form to your application documents. A recognized language certificate with the required result must be available by the time of enrollment (end of August) at the latest!
The admission requirements for refugees with foreign university entrance qualifications are the same as for all international students. The application procedure runs via the page "Uni-Assist"
>>>start the Uni-Assist application procedure.
Please note that TH Lübeck does not check the university entrance qualification directly. I you apply for a study place at a university, this is only done via Uni-Assist.
Exception: If you have a certificate of equivalence from the ministry, you can apply directly with us and DON'T have to go through Uni-Assist.
If you do not have a direct university entrance qualification, the Studienkolleg might be of interest to you.
If you have questions about the application/admission process, we recommend taking a look at the frequently asked questions (FAQ). Please take some time and read our instructions carefully. If you still have questions, please send us an e-mail to incomings(at)th-luebeck.de
- Scholarship Program for Ukrainian Students & Scientists
Within the framework of an emergency aid program, our Technische Hochschule Lübeck supports Ukrainian students and scientists. The detailed information about the partial scholarship and the applications for funding can be found in the following documents.